2016 Honda Pioneer 700 - Honda Phantom Camo®
Full-Featured Value That No One Can Match
Spending a day in the great outdoors is always more enjoyable when you’re sharing the experience with a friend. And that’s what Honda’s Pioneer 700 side-by-side is all about. Whether it’s for work or for fun, the Pioneer 700 lets you bring a friend or helper along. Introduced in 2014, the Pioneer 700 has proven to be a great tool for anyone whose workday or weekend takes them off the beaten path. Equipped with a dual-rate suspension spring, it's designed to give you a smooth ride while still providing plenty of travel and superior load-carrying capacity.
While the Pioneer 700 is a versatile side-by-side that’s loaded with features, if there’s one feature that makes the Pioneer 700 stand out, it’s something it’s missing: a big price tag. And that’s something that everyone can appreciate.
Tough, Strong Tilt Bed: At Honda, we think the machine should do the work for you. That’s why we equipped the Pioneer 700 with a hydraulically assisted tilt bed and a 1000-pound load capacity.
Honda Automatic Transmission: The Honda Automatic with its automotive-style torque converter is not only tough, it’s smart, too. A two-stage shift map optimizes power through the engine RPM range.
675cc Liquid-Cooled Engine: The Pioneer 700’s torque, powerful liquid-cooled single-cylinder 675cc engine features an intake design that helps minimize dust and particulate ingestion. It’s also rubber-mounted on a separate subframe to minimize vibration.
- 675cc Liquid-Cooled Engine: The liquid-cooled four-stroke single-cylinder has tons of torque and plenty of power. Fuel injection means it starts right up, even on cold days or at high altitude. And the Pioneer 700’s engine is rubber-mounted on a separate subframe to reduce vibration.
- Honda Automatic Transmission: A stout, heavy-duty torque converter with three hydraulic clutches and positive engine braking. It’s smart, too—it features a two-stage shift map to optimize power delivery through the engine's RPM range.
- 2WD/4WD Differential Lock: When you’re in 4WD mode, and you need to get the power to both front wheels, just push the knob to the right and the differential locks to maximize available traction.
- Independent Double-Wishbone Front Suspension: Front independent double-wishbone suspension with dual-rate springs offering an excellent 7.9 inches of travel contributing to all-day riding comfort.
- Adjustable Preload Rear Shocks: In addition to a fully independent rear suspension with 9.1 inches of travel, the rear shocks feature preload adjustability to handle the Pioneer 700’s generous load capabilities.
- Front Disc Brakes: The Pioneer 700 features powerful triple disc brakes. On the two front 200mm brake discs, a patented scraper system helps prevent debris buildup between caliper and rim. An inboard-mounted rear 170mm brake disc saves weight and is better protected from rocks or other debris.
- Tight Turning Radius: The Pioneer 700 is maneuverable, a big help if you’re in tight, technical terrain.
- Occupant Protection Structure: We built the Pioneer 700 Occupant Protection Structure around the rider and front-seat passenger, and positioned the seats so you're well protected. Built out of sturdy, large-diameter tubing, the Occupant Protection Structure includes such details as integrated handholds, recessed top tubes and a more spacious structure to enhance protection. It also meets OSHA's 1928.53 rollover protection standard.
- Seatbelts: The Pioneer 700 features automotive-style three-point belts with an Emergency Locking Retractor mechanism to help keep you and your passenger safe and secure.
- Side Nets: The Pioneer 700 comes standard with roll-up side nets, making cleaning and maintenance easier.
- Double-Latch Doors: The Pioneer 700 comes with standard doors, featuring an automotive-style double latching system securing you and your passenger in while keeping out what nature throws at you.
- Contoured Bench Seat: The Pioneer 700’s two-passenger contoured bench seat provides lots of room and allows easy entry and exit.
- Tilt Bed: The Pioneer 700 is built to work, and to make your big jobs easier we’ve equipped it with a tilt bed featuring a powerful hydraulic-assist strut.
- 1,000-Pound Cargo Bed Capacity: SxS’s are built to haul stuff, and the Pioneer 700 is ready to get to work. The bed capacity can haul up to 1,000 pounds.
- 1500-Pound Towing Capacity: The Pioneer 700 has a heavy-duty two-inch receiver-style hitch and a 1,500-pound towing capacity.
- 450-Watt Power Capacity: The 450-watt alternator provides plenty of power for everyday use, but allows extra capacity for accessories such as a winch or additional lighting. (Please consult the accessory instructions for specific power requirements.)
- 37.5 Watt Single-Filament Headlight: The Pioneer 700’s headlights have excellent balance and light-distribution, eliminating uneven light patterns and dark zones within their illumination lighting area.
- Honda Tough, Honda Value: Featuring well thought-out details like a standard water-resistant glovebox door, cupholders, and digital instrumentation, this is a vehicle that gives you a lot more for your hard-earned dollar.
- Designed, Developed and Built in the USA: The Pioneer 700 is built especially for the American market. Totally in tune with your wants and needs, designed at our own Ohio facility, and built in Timmonsville, South Carolina using locally and globally sourced parts.
- Engine Type: 675cc liquid-cooled OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.2:1
- Induction: Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automotive-style with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with differential lock
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.9 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 9.1 in. travel
- Front Brake: 200 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Rear Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 114.8 in.
- Width: 60.0 in.
- Height: 77.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 76.8 in.
- Bed Capacity: 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity: 1500 lb.
- Ground Clearance: 10.5 in.
- Turning Radius: 14.8 ft.
- Curb Weight: 1261 lb. - Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and full tank of fuel.
- Fuel Capacity: 8.2 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Available Colors: Honda Phantom Camo®
- Model Id: SXS700M2
- Duration: One Year
- Description: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- OHV single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 102.0 mm x 82.6 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel Injection (PGM-FI), 40 mm throttle body
- Full-transistorized with electronic advance
- Front Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Front Brakes
- 200 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- 25 x 8-12
- Rear Suspension
- Independent double-wishbone
- Rear Brakes
- 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Rear Tire
- 25 x 10-12
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 1261 lb.
- 76.8 in.
- Front Travel
- 7.9 in.
- Rear Travel
- 9.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 10.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 8.2 gal., including 1.2-gal. reserve
- Box Capacity
- 1000 lb.
- Towing Capacity
- 1500 lb.
- Automotive-style with hydraulic torque converter, three forward gears and Reverse. Three drive modes include 2WD, 4WD and 4WD with differential lock
- Drive System
- Direct front and rear driveshafts
- Honda Phantom Camo®
- One Year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan